To find help and advice within our Preparing for Adulthood section, please select a subject from the list below:
In this section you can find out where to get help and support with further education, training and work.
Whether you are keen to learn a new skill, or need some help with finding a job, here you will find a variety of resources to build on your knowledge and get you on the right path. In this category there are a number of local and national agencies which specialise in learning, volunteering and employability skills to help build your confidence in whatever it is you choose to do.
View providers that offer help and support with employment, education and training relating to:
In this section you can find out about organisations that offer help and support with independent living, including information on how to find appropriate accommodation, financial advice, and support with practicalities like furnishing and heating your home.
There is also information on what to do if you are homeless.
View providers and organisations that offer help and support with independent living relating to:
In this section you can find out about a variety of support organisations that aim to improve the quality of your life.
From counselling to support groups and information about keeping healthy, you will find local and national services that provide information and advice to help you with your physical and mental health and wellbeing.
View support organisations that can provide support in health and improving the quality of your life relating to:
In this section you can find out about positive activities happening in your community, including specialised services that cater for your needs, ranging from social clubs, day centres and local attractions.
There is also information about accessibility, giving you the reassurance that you will be safe and able to enjoy time with your friends.
View organisations that provide help and support around friendships, relationships and community relating to:
Leaflets, policy, guidance and much more.
- ASD Support Service - An Introduction to Autism
- Anxiety - Advice for Parents and Carers
- B&NES Preparing for Adulthood Guide for Year 9
- Confidentiality - Keeping What You Say Private
- Contact A Family's New Guide for Fathers
- Contact A Family: A Guide to Dealing With Bullying
- Contact a Family Publication's List
- Disabled Children A Legal Handbook 2nd Edition Chapter 10
- Disabled Children A Legal Handbook 2nd Edition Chapter 11
- Disabled Children A Legal Handbook 2nd Edition Chapter 2
- Disabled Children A Legal Handbook 2nd Edition Chapter 3
- Disabled Children A Legal Handbook 2nd Edition Chapter 4
- Disabled Children A Legal Handbook 2nd Edition Chapter 5
- Disabled Children A Legal Handbook 2nd Edition Chapter 6
- Disabled Children A Legal Handbook 2nd Edition Chapter 7
- Disabled Children A Legal Handbook 2nd Edition Chapter 8
- Disabled Children A Legal Handbook 2nd Edition Chapter 9
- Disabled Children: A Legal Handbook 2nd Edition Chapter 1
- Family Guide to Personalisation, Personal Budgets and Education, Health and Care Plans
- Further Education Guide to the 0-25 SEND Code of Practice
- Going to the Doctor - An Easy Read Guide
- Guidance for SEND: 19- to 25-year-olds’ entitlement to EHC plans
- Gypsy, Traveller and Roma Communities - How to Register with a Doctor (GP)
- HERS Threshold and referral guidance for Medical Professionals Parents Carers 2017
- Health Professionals Guide to the 0-25 SEND Code of Practice
- How Technology Can Help: A guide to products and technologies for deaf children and young people
- How radio aids can help your deaf child
- Human Rights Act Guide for People With Learning Difficulties
- Independent Travel Training Guide for Schools, Parents and Young People
- Information guide: adolescent to parent violence and abuse (APVA)
- Making the most of a visit to your GP - a guide for those on the Autistic Spectrum
- Personal Budgets for Special Educational Needs
- Personal Independence Payments (PIPs)
- Preparing For Adulthood Employment Flyer
- Preparing for Adulthood - Local First Framework for Parents/Carers
- Preparing for Adulthood Community Inclusion Flyer
- Preparing for Adulthood Health Flyer
- Preparing for Adulthood Independence and Housing Flyer
- Preparing for Adulthood Information Leaflet
- Preparing for Adulthood Toolkit
- Rainbow Resource Website – Feedback Survey
- Role of the Independent Reviewing Officer in EHC Assessments and Plans
- SEN 'Noddy' guide
- SEND Transport Policy 2016-17
- SEND Travel Policy SEPTEMBER 2017
- SEND and youth custody - working draft protocol
- SEND code of practice: 0 to 25 years
- Schools Guide to the 0-25 SEND Code of Practice
- Short Breaks - a list of all Short Breaks in B&NES
- Short Breaks definition
- Social Care Guide to the 0-25 SEND Code of Practice
- Special Educational Needs and Disability - A Guide for Parents and Carers
- Starting School Early or Later Leaflet
- Study Programmes for Students with Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities
- Supported Internships
- Understanding Pre-school Children with Autism
- Understanding Your Child's Behaviour
- Understanding the teenage brain - information for parents and carers
- West of England Local First Policy 2015/16
- What do the SEN and disability reforms mean for early years settings
- Young Person's Guide to the Children and Families Act
If you have any questions for the Rainbow Resource team, then please do get in touch.Get in touch
Not found what you were looking for?
If you're having trouble finding organisations to support you or events in your local area then why not get in touch.Get in contact
Looking to contribute?
This website is only possible because of the help and support from our local organisations and event organisers.Find out how you can help
Feedback on Rainbow Resource
If you have any feedback on our Local Offer or the Rainbow Resource web site, then please get in touch.Leave us your feedback