This page is for professionals working with children/ young people with SEND or additional needs. Parents are welcome to look through.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
For professionals information on COVID-19, please see the following page:
Early Years SENCo information:
For information for Early Years SENCos, please see the dedicated page here: https://www.rainbowresource.org.uk/pages/professional-section/early-years-area-senco/early-years-toolkit/covid-19-information-for-early-years-sencos
Short Breaks for Disabled Children (and those with SEND):
For details of all the Short Breaks offered to children/young people in B&NES who are disabled or have a SEND click Here. More information about Short Breaks can be found by clicking on the relevant age range:
Training for professionals working with Children and Young People
Specific Documents for professionals/ settings
- Supporting Pupils at School with Medical Conditions - Local Authority Guidance for Schools
- Guidelines for Educational Settings for Initiating a Statutory Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment (Children and Young People 0-25)
- Graduated Approach
- Single Route of Redress National Trial
- Emotional and Mental Health Support Services
Contact details for other professionals
- ASD Support Service – firstname.lastname@example.org, 01761 412198
- Bath Area Play Project (for Short Break information) - email@example.com 01225 832497
- Children’s Specialist Continence Nurses - BATHNES.BABs@virgincare.co.uk 01225 831785
- Community Learning Disabilities Nursing Service – 01225 395 904
- Disabled Children’s Team – Raj_Atwal@bathnes.gov.uk or Kristy_Tyack@bathnes.gov.uk 01225 396989
- Early Years Area SENCo Team – firstname.lastname@example.org 01225 396912
- Intergrated Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Service - 01225 824220
- SEN Team – SEN_Admin@bathnes.gov.uk - 01225 394306
- SEND Partnership Service (SPS) email@example.com 01225 394382
The Disability Access Fund (DAF) is for early years providers to support children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). The DAF aids access to early years places by, for example, supporting providers in making reasonable adjustments to their settings, purchasing specialist equipment and/or seeking specialised training that would support providers to meet the child’s needs. 3 and 4 year olds will be eligible for the DAF if they meet the following criteria:
- the child is in receipt of child disability living allowance (DLA) and;
- the child receives their three year early years entitlement.
For more information regarding the funding and how to request payment can be found here.
30 hours funded childcare for some 3 & 4 year olds:
If the child is receiving Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and a parent/carer is receiving Carers Allowance for that child, the family may be entitled to 30 hours funded childcare for that child. This funding can start the term after the child’s 3rd birthday, providing the parent/carer apply before the closing date. More information about this can be found here: www.bathnes.gov.uk/eye
Applying for the funding: To apply for the 30 hour funding using this criteria, the parent/carer will need to call Childcare Choices on 0300 123 4097
15 hours funded childcare for some 2 year olds:
If the child has DLA and/ or an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan, then they are entitled to up to 15 hours a week (for 38 weeks a year) funded childcare at an Ofsted registered childcare provider with an inspection outcome of ‘Good‘ or ‘Outstanding‘. Funding can start the term after their 2nd birthday.
Applying for the funding: To apply for the 2 year funding for a child who received DLA, the parent/carer will need to contact the Free School Meals team on 01225 394317.
You can find details of Ofsted registered childcare providers (Nursery, Childminder, Breakfast, Afterschool and Holiday Clubs) in Bath and North East Somerset on our sister site Bathnes 1Big Database - www.bathnes1bd.org.uk/childcare_providers.
SEND Education Strategy 2018-2021
Early Years Transition Support Funding 2017 - 2018 Report
Please find our Early Years Transition Support Funding (TSF) 2017 - 2018 report here. The report outlines how the funding is used, the impact on children's outcomes and feedback from the parent-carer survey of those children in receipt of TSF.
SEND Position Statement
Please see our Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Position Statement (as of December 2018) which outlines the work of the Local Authority, Education Settings, Health providers, Information & Advice services and other organisations, setting out the overall strengths of the local area and areas for improvement.
If you would like to see something added to this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org