Bath and North East Somerset have developed a set of standards for Universal and SEN Support, called the Graduated Approach. This is a tool for settings from Early Years through to Further Education to ensure consistency in the identification, support and review of those children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
This Graduated Approach was trialed by a core group of SENCos across early years, primary, secondary and further education. We have also developed a Parent-Carer version to explain the Graduated Approach. The parent carer version can be found here or under downloads.
You can find the full draft Graduated Approach document under downloads. We have also broken down the draft document into sections (see hyperlinks below) to make it easier to view the most relevant section for you.
- Planning Support - Communication and Interaction
- Planning Support - Cognition and Learning
- Planning Support - Social, Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- Planning Support - Sensory Needs
- Planning Support - Medical Needs