Organisation Details


Disabled Student's Allowance

Venue Address

Address 1
Student Finance England
Address 2
PO Box 210

More About The Organisation

Organisation Description

About the Organisation

You can apply for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs) to cover some of the extra costs you have because of a mental health problem, long term illness or any other disability.

You can get the allowances on top of your other student finance. You won’t need to repay DSAs.

If you’re a part-time student your ‘course intensity’ can affect how much you get.

How much you get depends on your individual needs - not your household income.

There are four allowances to cover different areas of need:

. specialist equipment, for example a computer if you need one because of your disability
. non-medical helpers
. other disability-related costs of studying

You may get a new computer if you don’t already have one, or your current one doesn’t meet the required specification. More information will be provided to you if you’re assessed as needing a new computer.

You’ll need to pay the first £200, which is the minimum cost that any student is likely to incur when buying a computer.

DSAs don’t cover disability-related costs you’d have if you weren’t attending a course, or costs that any student might have.

To find out more visit the website:

Organisation Details

Type Of Service
Employment / Education and Training

Preparing for Adulthood

Preparing for Adulthood Categories

Preparing for Adulthood - Employment/Education and Training
Education Support (16-25)

This organisation was last updated on Saturday, 02 Dec 2017 9:32 PM - if you think this information is out of date or inaccurate then please let us know

Back to search results

Add to Favourites

Favourites are stored until you quit your browser. Please create an account or login to store your favourites permanently.