More About The Organisation
About the Service
About the Organisation
The British Association for Supported Employment is the national trade association representing hundreds of agencies involved in securing employment for people with disabilities. The association aims to raise awareness of supported employment, represent the sector on a collective basis, inform members, and encourage best practice. BASE facilitates regional member networks and supports providers and employers by being a hub of information and good practice.
BASE aims to:
• Assist people with disabilities by encouraging the provision of support into employment.
• Endorse & promote quality standards in the delivery of Supported Employment.
• Nurture & encourage the setting up of new supported employment services.
• Promote the training of supported employment personnel throughout the UK.
• Provide regular, detailed information including an advisory & development service to association members.
• Liaise & negotiate with national and international government & non-government organisations to promote the aims of the Association.
BASE is concerned with establishing collective action on national issues that cannot be addressed by individual agencies and members alone. As a priority, the Association has helped to develop National Occupational Standards for Supported Employment. We want to see better quality support available to everyone who needs it.