More About The Organisation
About the Service
About the Organisation
Cygnet (developed by Barnardos)
This 5/6 week programme is designed for parents and carers of children and young people aged 5-18 with an autistic spectrum condition. The programme is designed to:
* To increase parents understanding of autistic spectrum conditions
* To help parents develop their knowledge on how a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world and what drives their behaviour
* To guide parents through practical strategies they can use with children
* To direct parents to relevant ASD resources
* To give parents the opportunity to meet with other parents who have had similar experiences and to gain support and learn from each other
How to access the course:
Parents must refer themselves onto the course by calling or emailing Fosse Way School (01761 412198 or ASDSS@fossewayschool.com) and asking to be put on the CYGNET waiting list. Once a vacancy is identified parents will then be contacted with a form to book themselves a place.
We aim to deliver at least 3 SPACE and 3 CYGNET programmes a year dependent on need.
Sessions are for two hours and usually include up to 12 people (around 6 families). Each family can have up to two places. We expect that one person per family is a constant and attends all the sessions.
Childcare is not available, we ask that parents make their own arrangements.
How do people access your service?
Type Of Service
We support the following age groups:
Who can use your service?
Your child must have a confirmed diagnosis of ASD/Autism for you to attend. Professionals cannot make referrals.