Venue Contact Details
More About The Organisation
About the Service
About the Organisation
Cygnet (developed by Barnardos)
This 5/6 week programme is designed for parents and carers of children and young people aged 5-18 with an autistic spectrum condition. The programme is designed to:
* To increase parents understanding of autistic spectrum conditions
* To help parents develop their knowledge on how a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world and what drives their behaviour
* To guide parents through practical strategies they can use with children
* To direct parents to relevant ASD resources
* To give parents the opportunity to meet with other parents who have had similar experiences and to gain support and learn from each other
How to access the course:
Parents must refer themselves onto the course by calling or emailing Fosse Way School (01761 412198 or ASDSS@fossewayschool.com) and asking to be put on the CYGNET waiting list. Once a vacancy is identified parents will then be contacted with a form to book themselves a place.
We aim to deliver at least 3 SPACE and 3 CYGNET programmes a year dependent on need.
Sessions are for two hours and usually include up to 12 people (around 6 families). Each family can have up to two places. We expect that one person per family is a constant and attends all the sessions.
Childcare is not available, we ask that parents make their own arrangements.
Dates of next course can be found here http://www.fossewayschool.co.uk/for-parents/courses-training-for-parents/
How do people access your service?
Type Of Service
We support the following age groups:
Who can use your service?
Your child must have a confirmed diagnosis of ASD/Autism for you to attend. Professionals cannot make referrals.