More About The Organisation
About the Service
About the Organisation
At Combe Down Primary School:
•The buildings are accessible to children with physical disability.
•We ensure that equipment used is accessible to all children regardless of their needs.
•After school provision is accessible to all children including those with SEND.
•Extra-curricular activities are accessible for children with SEND.
For the Ofsted inspection report for this school visit http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/reports
Special Educational Needs & Disability Local Offer 2014: http://combedown.com/Special-Needs
|Monday||From 08:50||To 15:00|
|Tuesday||From 08:50||To 15:00|
|Wednesday||From 08:50||To 15:00|
|Thursday||From 08:50||To 15:00|
|Friday||From 08:50||To 15:00|
How do people access your service?
Type Of Service
We support the following age groups:
Can siblings who are not disabled use your service?
Do you have a SEND/Inclusion Contact?
SEND/Inclusion Contact Name
Additional and Special Educational Needs
Local Offer Details Link
How do you aim to meet the unique needs of the child?
Our curriculum is designed to match your child’s needs by offering personalised learning which is differentiated according to their ability and their style of learning. This will develop their skills as learners and help them to become more independent, enabling them to progress and reach their full potential. The classroom environment may also be adapted to suit individual needs e.g. providing a workstation or a visual timetable. Where a child has been identified with SEN, their work will often be differentiated by the class teacher to enable them to access the curriculum more easily.
How do you promote positive relationships and ensure good, ongoing communication with families?
Your child’s class teacher is available for regular SEN meetings or review:
- Home School Communication Books (if necessary) are written by teachers or support staff to inform parents of a child’s daily progress
- Regular SEN reviews (either 1:1 SEN review/parent evenings)
- Access to your child’s National Curriculum levels/Summative Scores against progress toward GLD in 17 ELG
- SENCO is available to make appointments where they feel appropriate to discuss your child’s needs
- Discussion with Outside Agencies (such as Speech and Language Therapists) will be verbal or as a written report.
- Team around the Child (TAC) and the Team around the Family (TAF) are held where appropriately.